Friday 13 July 2012

Olympic torch

these photos were taken on a 3DS so they may be a bit low quality.


Yesterday I went to the Olympic torch relay in Salisbury.  We got up early and set off and it was a really nice day.  When we got there we found the coke truck.  In front of it there was the bus with the torch holders in it and behind the coke truck was the Samsung lorry.  Then music started playing from the coke truck and everyone in the truck got out and did exercises and the torch holders joined in!



They then got back into the truck and started moving, but just after they passed us they started giving away cola.  I ran after the truck and eventually I got a coke.  This one was coke zero Olympics edition which is good because I already have a coke regular Olympics edition bottle from the last time I saw the torch.  Then the police came on motorbikes and with their lights flashing to make sure the road was clear.  Then the torch holder came!



We found out later his name is Will Copp who enjoys wheelchair basketball, tennis, and downhill skiing.


Just after the torch holder left this coke car set off after them, we think the rest of the coke is in the trailer.  only problem was I forgot my crowbar!

Then we went to the park where I ate my breakfast and drank my coke, and after that we went back to the car and drove home.  On the radio they were talking about the Olympic flame going through Wiltshire.

To finish off here is a picture of me when we went to see the torch the first time in Trowbridge (we had to wait a bit longer for that) .


No comments:

Post a Comment